Personnel Roles and Permissions
With the CentreLearn Training System, you can grant your individual personnel permissions or roles in order to do various functions within it. Below is a description of each of the roles that are available. These roles are global across your organization.
Administrator – Has access to all organization settings and functions, including all permissions below.
Manage Activities – Has access to Training Manager – Activities (can add for all personnel Record Other Training, On Scene Video Library, Watch Course as a Group) and Pending Records (can approve/deny records added by users).
Manage Announcements – Has access to Training Manager – Announcements. Those with this role can set up/inactivate announcements to all personnel or to individual groups.
Manage Assignments – Has access to Training Manager – Assignments, Training Plans, and Preview Courses. Those with this role can setup/inactivate assignments or training plans for all personnel. Cannot add documents, but can assign them.
Manage Courses – Has access to Training Manager – Course Builder. Those with this role can build, edit, and activate/inactivate custom courses.
Manage Groups – Has access to Training Manager – Groups. Those with this role can create new groups, activate/inactivate groups, set required group credentials, send out group invites, add/remove people from groups, and archive group registrations.
Manage Site Settings – Has access to Settings. Those with this role can make changes to all organization general settings, logo changes, color scheme changes, and news feeds access.
Manage Users – Has access to Training Manager – Personnel. Those with this role can add new users, edit accounts, inactivate users, make changes to credentials, view certificates and current (incomplete assignments), and view account history. Those with this role can also archive individual registrations.
Run Reports – Has access to Training Manager – Reports. Those with this role can also schedule reports.
Send Batch Email – Has access to Training Manager – Emails. Those with this role can send emails to all groups and view previously sent emails.
View Activity History – Has access to Training Manager – History. Those with this role can see administrative actions tracked within CentreLearn.
Manage Documents – Has access to Training Manager – Documents. Can create, delete, activate/inactivate, and update folders and files. Those with this role can also share folders with groups.
We also have available a Group Admin/Manager of Groups permission as well. This was created to grant a person the ability to address the day-to-day personnel issues for a discreet group of users, while not allowing them the ability to affect users that they have no authority over.
Some key points to this are:
- Individuals can manage multiple groups
- Individuals can be a manager of groups and also have the permissions above as well
- With this, they cannot manage personnel with an Administrative role, even if the admin is in a group that they manage (this prevents users from updating admin passwords, inactivating their account, etc.)
- Can create and manage assignments for that group
- Can create and manage all activities for their group (including pending records, recording other training, the on scene video library, and watching a course as a group)
- Can run reports, send group emails, and post group announcements
- Cannot create users
- Can inactivate and reactivate group members
- Cannot create groups or assign others as group managers
- Cannot create or manage training plans
- Cannot create or manage custom courses or documents
- Cannot archive courses