These are starting steps on how to build a custom course. For in-depth directions on adding specific course components, refer to the Administrator Support page’s Course Builder section.
Go to Training Manager then to Course Builder on the left menu.
Click the +New Course button in the upper right corner.
Enter the course information. The title, description, course code, and hours are required. Optionally, add any categories that the course could apply towards in the categories section.
Important: If this course is going to require an attendance component, check Classroom Course. If no classroom sessions will be scheduled in the CentreLearn Training System, do not check this box. This setting cannot be updated later on.
Click the orange Next Step button in the lower right side.
Click the Add Course Component to select and add various items to your course.
Optional documents can be added through Course Documents in the lower left corner.
Once your course has been built, click Save and Exit.
Our Course Builder section of our Administrator Support page offers a variety of specific directions. Click the links below to see some of the useful Course Builder articles.
- Classroom Course Registrations
- Course Builder Course Component Descriptions
- How-To: Add a Custom Quiz to Your Custom Course
- How-To: Add a Prezi presentation as a Course Component in the Course Builder
- How-To: Add a SlideShare Component
- How-To: Add a YouTube Video to a Custom Course
- How-To: Change a PowerPoint (With or Without Audio) into a MP4
- How-To: Create Course Surveys
- Custom Quiz Results Formats
- Video Recommendations for MP4 Videos